Home > Missouri > Springfield > Walnut-Dollison Historic District, Hardrick House, 300-302 South Dollison Avenue, Springfield, Greene County, MOSee 23 maps of this locationB&W Photos
Photo Caption Pages
300-302 South Dollison Avenue,
Find maps of Springfield, MO
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS MO-1252-B
Significance: Built in 1908-09, this massive duplex house was first occupied by Burton A. & James S. Hardrick, black businessmen who owned Hardrick Brothers Grocery on St. Louis Street. It is a contemporary of a number of similar structures on Walnut Street in age, scale and architectural style - the only brick residence in the study area. Altered little since its construction, it retains a high degree of architectural integrity and forms a strong northern terminus for the Dollison Street neighborhood of late 19th and early 20th century residences.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
Back to Springfield, Missouri