Yellowstone National Park>
Golden Gate Viaduct, Yellowstone National Park, Teton County, WY
See 17 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
Yellowstone National Park, WY
Find maps of Yellowstone National Park, WY
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER WY-3
Building/structure dates: 1933 initial construction
Significance: The Golden Gate Viaduct is an interesting example of reinforced concrete bridge construction built during an important era in the development of the National Park System.
Morris - Knudson Construction Company
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. Historic view (c. 1900) of original wooden bridge built in 1885.
2. Historic view (c. 1904) of concrete viaduct built to replace wooden structure.
3. Historic view (May, 1933) of roadbed extension under construction.
4. General view of viaduct showing approach road retaining wall at left.
5. General view of viaduct.
6. Underside of viaduct, concrete pier of 1900 viaduct in second arch from right.
7. Underside of viaduct.
8. Underside of Viaduct showing concrete construction of 1933.
9. Photocopy of architectural drawing (from U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Roads, 1922). PLANS AND ELEVATIONS
10. Photocopy of Architectural drawing (from U.S, Dept. of Agriculture Bureau of Roads, 1932) PALNS AND ELEVATIONS
11. Photocopy of architectural drawings(form U.S. Dept. Agriculture Bureau of Roads. 1932) SECTIONS
12. Photocopy of architectural drawings(from U.S. Dept. of Agriculture) DETAILS DRAWINGS
13. Photocopy of architectural drawing (from U.S. Dept. of Agriculture) SECTIONS-DETAILS
Back to Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming