Sublet Mine No. 6, Hoist House, North structure, east side of Willow Creek Valley,, Kemmerer, Lincoln County, WY
Photo Caption Pages
east side of Willow Creek Valley, Kemmerer vicinity, WY
Find maps of Kemmerer, WY
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER WY-54-D
Significance: The hoist house performed a critical function within the complex by pulling the coal cars from the mine to the tipple. // Constructed of cut stone and concrete, three walls remain, as does the spindle that held the cable. Constructed in 1913 as an integral part of the Sublet Mine No. 6, built, operated, and owned by Kemmerer Coal Company; ceased production in 1927.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. DISTANT VIEW OF HOIST HOUSE FROM PORTAL TWO (SLOPE)
2. HOIST HOUSE FROM SOUTHEAST (BOILER TO LEFT)
3. INTERIOR VIEW OF HOIST HOUSE FROM FRONT, SHOWING SPINDLE OF HOIST
4. INTERIOR VIEW OF HOIST HOUSE SOUTH WALL AND SPINDLE
Back to Kemmerer vicinity, Wyoming