Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

Wyoming

>

Fort%25252525252525252BWashakie

>

Shoshone Episcopal Mission, Holy Saints John Chapel, Wind River Indian Reservation, Fort Washakie, Fremont County, WY



B&W Photos

HB1301526
BWPhotos 174775

HB1301527
BWPhotos 174776

HB1301528
BWPhotos 174777

HB1301529
BWPhotos 174778

HB1301530
BWPhotos 174779


Data Pages


Drawings


Photo Caption Pages


Color Transparencies

Image not currently available to download
Please email us to
purchase this image.
Supplemental Material


Item Title


Location
Wind River Indian Reservation, Fort%25252525252525252BWashakie, WY

Find maps of Fort%25252525252525252BWashakie, WY


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS WY-54-B
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-29).
Building/structure dates: 1890 initial construction
Significance: This Chapel was built for the Shoshone Episcopal Mission by the Reverend John Roberts. It was originally used both for religious services and as a classroom for the Mission Boarding School. The smallest of the three churches now at the mission site, it is used primarily for private meditation.

Related Names
Roberts, Rev. John


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents


Back to Fort%25252525252525252BWashakie, Wyoming