Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

West Virginia

>

Parsons%2Bvicinity

>

Parsons Nursery, Civilian Conservation Corps Blacksmith Shop, South side of U.S. Route 219, Parsons, Tucker County, WV



B&W Photos

HB1287226
View East, Front


Data Pages


Photo Caption Pages


Item Title


Location
South side of U.S. Route 219, Parsons%2Bvicinity, WV

Find maps of Parsons%2B, WV


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS WV-237-R
Significance: The Civilian Conservation Corps blacksmith shop and the Civilian Conservation Corps garage are the sole surviving buildings of the Civilian Conservation Corps Camp Parsons, designated number 518 and one of the first Camp established in Monongahela National Forest in the spring and summer of 1933. This building survives largely intact, displaying its historic character except for structural and some material damages sustained during a flood in early November, 1985. From the closing of Camp Parsons in 1941 until the present, this building has been used for storage by the Parsons Nursery or the Forest Service.

Subjects
Blacksmith Shops


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents
Photograph caption(s): 
1. VIEW EAST, FRONT. (see also WV-237-7, WV-237-8, WV-237-10 and historic photograph WV-237-20)


Back to Parsons%2Bvicinity, West Virginia