Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

West Virginia

>

Harpers+Ferry

>

Armory Yard Gateway, Murphy Farm, .5 mile south of Highway 340, Harpers Ferry, Jefferson County, WV



See 26 maps of this location


Data Pages


Item Title


Location
.5 mile south of Highway 340, Harpers+Ferry, WV

Find maps of Harpers+Ferry, WV


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS WV-162
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-75).
Building/structure dates: 1890
Significance: The Armory Yard, located on Potomac Street in Harpers Ferry National Historical Park, is the original location of "John Brown's Fort" (HABS No. WV-21-5), the Armory Fire Engine House. The gates to the yard were dismantled and moved to the Murphy Farm in the 1890s.

Related Names
Brown, John


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents


Back to Harpers+Ferry, West Virginia