St. Stanislaus Church, 524 West Mitchell Street, Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, WI
See 24 maps of this location
524 West Mitchell Street, Milwaukee, WI
Find maps of Milwaukee, WI
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS WI-159
Building/structure dates: 183 initial construction
Significance: First Polish church in Milwaukee and mother church for later Polish parishes. The building was selected for photographing principally for its architectural interest, reflecting as it does, a provincial interpretation of the great Baroque churches of Central Europe.
Schmidtner, Leonard A.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
Back to Milwaukee, Wisconsin