St. Paul's Episcopal Church & Parish House, 904 East Knapp Street, Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, WI
See 25 maps of this location
904 East Knapp Street, Milwaukee, WI
Find maps of Milwaukee, WI
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS WI-271
Building/structure dates: 1884 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1890 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1950 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1953 subsequent work
Significance: The second church built for Milwaukee's pioneer Episcopal congregation (organized in 1838), St. Paul's is the city's outstanding Richardsonian Romanesque church and is further distinguished by a splendid collection of stained-glass windows.
Mix, Edward Townsend
Holbrook, W. A.
Hook & Hastings
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
Back to Milwaukee, Wisconsin