St. James Episcopal Church, 833 West Wiconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, WI
See 24 maps of this location
833 West Wiconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI
Find maps of Milwaukee, WI
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS WI-255
Building/structure dates: 1868 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1871 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1872 demolished
Building/structure dates: 1874 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1899 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1925 subsequent work
Significance: St. James', considered one of Wisconsin's finest Gothic Revival buildings, is reported to be the city's first stone church, and is now the denomination's oldest surviving church edifice in Milwaukee.
Lloyd, Gordon William
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
Back to Milwaukee, Wisconsin