Second Ward Savings Bank, Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, WI
Find maps of Milwaukee, WI
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS WI-256
Building/structure dates: 1913 initial construction
Significance: Erected for the Second Ward Savings Bank in 1911-13, and since 1965 it has served as headquarters of the Milwaukee County Historical Society. This graceful structure is a fine example of the neo-classical revival.
Rose, Thomas Leslie
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
Back to Milwaukee, Wisconsin