Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming


Home

>

Wisconsin

>

Milwaukee

>

Calvary Presbyterian Church, 935 West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, WI



See 24 maps of this location


B&W Photos

HB1233931

HB1233932


Data Pages


Item Title


Location
935 West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI

Find maps of Milwaukee, WI


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS WI-264
Building/structure dates: 1871 initial construction
Significance: The first Presbyterian congregation and Presbyterian church edifice west of the Milwaukee River, and the third Presbyterian church in Milwaukee, Calvary is one of the city's older surviving churches and an important, relatively well-preserved local example of the Victorian Gothic style.

Subjects
Presbyterian Churches


Related Names
Koch, Henry
Hess, Julius


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents


Back to Milwaukee, Wisconsin