Union Depot Area Study, Pacific Brewing & Malting Company, 2500 Holgate Street, Tacoma, Pierce County, WA
Photo Caption Pages
2500 Holgate Street, Tacoma, WA
Find maps of Tacoma, WA
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS WA-165-B
Significance: The Pacific Brewing & Malting Company is a representative example of early 20th century industrial development in Tacoma. During prohibition it was converted to the manufacture of soap.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. GENERAL VIEW FROM SOUTHEAST SHOWING PACIFIC BREWERY BOILER HOUSE.
2. DETAIL VIEW OF BAY ON BOILER HOUSE.
3. GENERAL VIEW LOOKING NORTHEAST ON HOLGATE ST. SHOWING PACIFIC BREWERY COMPLEX.
4. GENERAL VIEW LOOKING SOUTHEAST SHOWING PACIFIC BREWERY COLD STORAGE HOUSE.
5. RAIL SPUR BEHIND PACIFIC BREWERY. TACOMA ICE AND COLD STORAGE HOUSE VISIBLE IN BACKGROUND.
Back to Tacoma, Washington