Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming


Home

>

Washington

>

Renton

>

Longacres, Paddock Club, 1621 Southwest Sixteenth Street, Renton, King County, WA



See 28 maps of this location


B&W Photos

HB1223254

HB1223255

HB1223256

HB1223257

HB1223258

HB1223259

HB1223260

HB1223261


Data Pages


Photo Caption Pages


Item Title


Location
1621 Southwest Sixteenth Street, Renton, WA

Find maps of Renton, WA


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS WA-201-4

Subjects
Clubhouses
Horse Racing


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents
Photograph caption(s): 
1. Paddock Club. East side. Jockey Building is on left and north addition to Clubhouse is on the right. Camera pointed WSW. (May 1993)
2. Paddock Club. West side and parking lot. Camera pointed ESE. (May 1993)
3. Paddock, path and hedge on east side. Camera pointed N. (August 1993)
4. Paddock and path on north side. Camera pointed SE. (August 1993)
5. Paddock horse stalls on south wall. Camera pointed SW. (August 1993)
6. Interior of Paddock Club on lower level, including column with sculptural relief detail by artist Susan Pascal. Camera pointed S. (July 1993)
7. Interior of Paddock Club on upper level. Camera pointed N. (July 1993)
8. Photocopy of photograph. (Original is No. PI-23497 in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection at the Museum of History and Industry (MOHAI), Seattle, WA. A print from the original negative can be ordered from MOHAI). A 1939 view of the Paddock as viewed from the Clubhouse. The Paddock barn, partially visible on right, was later moved to the south (approximately to the end of the outer row of cars in distance) where it became the Mechanics Shop. Three views of the Mechanics Shop taken in 1993 are seen in photos WA-201-8-1, WA-201-8-2 and WA-201-8-3.


Back to Renton, Washington