Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming


Home

>

Washington

>

Renton

>

Longacres, Clubhouse & Additions, 1621 Southwest Sixteenth Street, Renton, King County, WA



See 28 maps of this location


B&W Photos

HB1223150

HB1223151

HB1223152

HB1223153

HB1223154

HB1223155

HB1223156

HB1223157

HB1223158

HB1223159

HB1223160

HB1223161

HB1223162

HB1223163

HB1223164

HB1223165

HB1223166

HB1223167

HB1223168

HB1223169

HB1223170


Data Pages


Photo Caption Pages


Item Title


Location
1621 Southwest Sixteenth Street, Renton, WA

Find maps of Renton, WA


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS WA-201-2

Subjects
Clubhouses
Wooden Buildings
Horse Racing


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents
Photograph caption(s): 
1. East side of original Clubhouse and its additions, viewed in elevation from the infield. Camera pointed W. (July 1993)
2. Original section of Clubhouse, viewed in perspective from the winner's circle. Camera pointed SW. (May 1993)
3. SE corner of south addition to the Clubhouse. Camera pointed NW. Lower level contains the Silks Dining Room. Above that is the Turf Club, which ran throughout all the top floors in the Clubhouse and its additions. On top of the building is fourth and final cupola added to the Clubhouse. (HABS negative is a duplicate negative made from original in the collection of John Stamets, Seattle, WA.) (June 1992)
4. Clubhouse roof viewed from Grandstand roof. Camera pointed SSE. (July 1993)
5. Clubhouse roof showing original slope of west side of roof. Camera pointed NE. Structure partially visible on far right was the original 1933 cupola. (July 1993)
6. West addition of Clubhouse (containing Mezzanines). NW side viewed in perspective from parking lot. Camera pointed SE. (May 1993)
7. North addition of Clubhouse. Elevation view of west side with connections to Paddock Club at right. Camera pointed E. (May 1993)
8. Ticket booths at west side of Clubhouse. Camera pointed NW. (July 1993)
9. Interior of original Clubhouse bar. Camera pointed S. (July 1993)
10. Interior of original Clubhouse bar. Camera pointed N. (July 1993)
11. Detail of horse lamp fixture in original Clubhouse bar. Fixture is at north end of bar. Camera pointed up and NW. (July 1993)
12. Stairwell at south side of original Clubhouse. Doorway at bottom right leads to lower porch (see photo WA-201-2-13). Barely visible to left of that doorway is entrance to original Clubhouse bar seen in photos WA-201-2-9 and WA-201-10. Doorway at top of photo leads to upper porch (Turf Club) as seen in photo WA-201-2-14. Stairs continue upward (not shown) to the original 1933 cupola. (July 1993)
13. Enclosed porch at lower level of Clubhouse outside the original Clubhouse bar. Camera pointed S. Dark grated window on right is also seen from other side in photo WA-201-2-9. (July 1993)
14. Enclosed porch at upper level of Clubhouse. Camera pointed S from entrance to the 'Chinook Pass' room in north addition. (July 1993)
15. Interior of north cupola atop Clubhouse. Camera pointed E. (August 1993)
16. Silks Dining Room in lower level of south addition to the Clubhouse. Camera pointed NW. At far right is entrance to the lower porch seen in photo WA-201-2-13. At far left is passage to the 'Crystal' and 'Garden' rooms, barely visible. (July 1993)
17. Interior of upper level (Turf Club level) of south and west additions to the Clubhouse. Camera pointed W. Stairs in foreground lead to the 'Gallery' room. Stairs in background lead to the 'Callahan' room. 'Broderick' room (not shown) is entered from south side of 'Gallery' room. (July 1993)
18. Upper Mezzanine betting area. Camera pointed SW from position near exit to grandstand. (July 1993)
19. Lower Mezzanine betting area. Camera pointed WNW from stairsteps leading up to original Clubhouse. (July 1993)
20. Photocopy of architectural drawing. (Original is in the collection of Richard F. McCann, Pasadena, CA.) Clubhouse: First and Second Floor Plans, Front Elevation, Section. Date obscured. Race Course for Mr. Joseph Gottstein, Washington Jockey Club. B. Marcus Priteca.
21. Photocopy of photograph. (Original is No. PI-23497 in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection at the Museum of History and Industry (MOHAI), Seattle, WA. A print from the original negative can be ordered from MOHAI). A 1935 view of the original Clubhouse as viewed from the infield. Observation deck on roof is as-built in 1933.


Back to Renton, Washington