North Bend Ranger Station, Building 2230, 42404 Southeast North Bend Way, North Bend, King County, WA
See 42 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
42404 Southeast North Bend Way, North Bend, WA
Find maps of North Bend, WA
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS WA-200-A
Building/structure dates: 1936 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1992 subsequent work
Significance: North Ben Ranger Station Building 2230, the fire warehouse building, is an element of a National Register thematic group entitled "USDA Forest Service Administrative Buildings in the States of Oregon and Washington, built by the Civilian Conservation Corps." In common with other buildings in the group, Building 2230 typifies construction projects undertaken by the C.C.C. and signifies the aid to the local community provided by the work relief program. Building 2230 also exemplifies the rustic architectural style developed by the Pacific Northwest Region of the Forest Service to impart agency identity, and signifies the Service's particular expression of this early twentieth century American style.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. MAIN (SOUTHWEST) ELEVATION, LOOKING APPROXIMATELY NORTHEAST.
2. WEST CORNER, LOOKING APPROXIMATELY EAST.
3. SOUTH CORNER, LOOKING APPROXIMATELY NORTH.
4. SOUTH CORNER, MAIN ENTRANCE WAREHOUSE DOORS ON MAIN (SOUTHWEST) ELEVATION, AND LOADING DOCK ON SOUTHEAST ELEVATION.
5. EAST CORNER, HOSE DRYING/HELITACK SCAFFOLD ON NORTHEAST SIDE OF BUILDING.
6. SOUTHEAST ELEVATION.
7. NORTH CORNER. HOSE DRYING/HELITACK SCAFFOLD IN LEFT FOREGROUND. BRICK CHIMNEY WAS REMOVED IN 1992.
8. NORTHWEST FACADE. LOOKING APPROXIMATELY SOUTH.
9. VIEW OF SERVICE ENTRANCE TO NORTH BEND RANGER STATION LOOKING APPROXIMATELY EAST. BUILDING NO. 2230 IS IN THE CENTER FOREGROUND.
10. VIEW OF NORTH BEND RANGER STATION REAR PARKING AREA LOOKING APPROXIMATELY NORTHWEST. BUILDING NO. 2230 IS IN THE CENTER BACKGROUND.
11. VIEW OF SERVICE ENTRANCE TO NORTH BEND RANGER STATION LOOKING APPROXIMATELY EAST.
12. VIEW OF REAR OF BUILDING NO. 2230, NORTH CORNER OF BUILDING IN CENTER OF PHOTOGRAPH. NOTE THAT HOSE DRYING/HELITACK SCAFFOLD HAS BEEN REMOVED.
13. Photocopy of photograph (original 5-1/2 x 3-1/4 inch print located in Recreaton files, Mt. Baker-Snoqalmie N.F.). Photographer unknown, dated 4-6-36. FRONT (SOUTHEAST) ELEVATION OF BUILDING NO. 2230 ON THE LEFT.
14. Photocopy of photograph (original 5-1/2 x 3-1/4 inch print located in Recreation files, Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie N.F.). Photographer unknown, dated 11-15-40. SOUTHEAST FRONT OF WAREHOUSE.
Back to North Bend, Washington