Fort Spokane, Lincoln, Lincoln County, WA
See 4 maps of this location
Lincoln vicinity, WA
Find maps of Lincoln, WA
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS WA-111
Significance: 1812: American fur-traders sent to Oregon by John Jacob Astor and founded Fort Spokane Trading Post. 1813: Sold to the North West Company. 1826: Termination of the North West Co. and the Hudson Bay Co. operation of Fort Spokane. 1880: Army post established as Camp Spokane. 1882: 640 acre military reservation Fort Spokane established. 1899: Fort Spokane abandoned. 1899-1913: Bureau of Indian Affairs occupied the reservation. 1914-1929: Fort Spokane military reservation used for Indian hospital purposes. 1960: Presently abandoned. Four buildings measured and drawn by Western Office, National Park Service.
Indians Of North America
Forts & Fortifications
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
Back to Lincoln vicinity, Washington