U.S. Forest Service Chelan Ranger Station, 428 West Woodin Avenue, Chelan, Chelan County, WA
See 21 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
428 West Woodin Avenue, Chelan, WA
Find maps of Chelan, WA
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS WA-188
Significance: The Chelan Ranger Station is significant for the role it and the U.S. Forest Service have played in the development of the local community and in managing the surrounding public lands. Constructed by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC), the buildings represent the rustic architectural style CCC enrollees produced for the Forest Service during the era of the Great Depression.
Civilian Conservation Corps
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. CONTEXTUAL VIEW TO EAST WITH LAKE CHELAN IN FOREGROUND
2. CONTEXTUAL VIEW TO NORTH WITH LAKE CHELAN ON LEFT
3. CONTEXTUAL VIEW TO SOUTHWEST, LAKE CHELAN IN BACKGROUND
4. CONTEXTUAL VIEW TO SOUTHWEST
5. Photocopy of site plan drawing, with later amendments dhowing original USFS building shceduled for removal, Annex moved to present location, and addition to Warehouse (from the U.S. Forest Service, Wenatchee National Forest) Date Unkown
Back to Chelan, Washington