Curtis Wharf, Freight Warehouse, O & Second Streets, Anacortes, Skagit County, WA
See 24 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
O & Second Streets, Anacortes, WA
Find maps of Anacortes, WA
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS WA-198-B
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. Freight Warehouse, partial north facade.
2. Freight Warehouse, north facade, west corner, showing the boat cabin intrusion.
3. Freight Warehouse, east facade, on the right.
4. Freight Warehouse, south facade.
5. Freight Warehouse, southwest corner, from the Sand and Gravel Wharf.
6. Freight Warehouse, interior. From center point looking west, into the west original section. The framing of the window in WA-198-14 is visible in the wall to the left. The diagonal plank flooring can also be seen, laid directly upon the wharf posts.
7. Freight Warehouse, looking west from the east section. At the top of the photograph the board and batten exterior gable of the original warehouse can be seen. Note vertical planking, beginning in central bay joining the two warehouses.
8. Freight Warehouse, looking east into the east section. Projecting into the warehouse space are: (a) A loading dock with slatted walls (b) An office space above it and (c) A toilet and utility area. (b) and (c) are accessed through the Ticket Office.
Back to Anacortes, Washington