Old South Congregational Church, Main Street, Windsor, Windsor County, VT
See 39 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
Main Street, Windsor, VT
Find maps of Windsor, VT
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS VT-64
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-18).
Building/structure dates: 1798 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1844 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1879 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1922 subsequent work
Significance: This large, Colonial church, built in 1798 and remodelled in 1844, 1879 and 1922-1923, is the oldest and largest meeting house in Windsor, always one of Vermont's larger towns and the site of early state political activity.
"Mission 66" Program
Blood, Benjamin F.
Beckwith, H. R.
Overby, Osmund R., Historian
Edwards, Henry C., Historian
Frolichstein, Seymour R., Delineator
Lynch, William R., Delineator
Mark, Herbert M., Delineator
Janion, Aubrey P., Photographer
Frolichstein, Seymour, Photographer
Borchers, Perry E., Photographer
Lawrence, Jeanne C., Historian
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
4. SOUTH ELEVATION Copy of photograph of photogrammetric plate LC-HABS-GS07-T-1116-600R.
5. NORTH DOOR, EAST FACADE Copy photograph of photogrammetric plate LC-HABS-GS07-T-1116-601L.
6. NORTH ELEVATION Copy photograph of photogrammetric plate LC-HABS-GS07-T-1116-602R.
Perspective view, south/southwest
Back to Windsor, Vermont