Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home > Virginia > 1403 North Court House Road > Rucker Building, 1403 North Court House Road, Arlington, VA



See 29 maps of this location


B&W Photos
West/front Facade, Looking East
HB1183958
West/front Facade, Looking East
West/front Facade, Angle View, Looking Southeast
HB1183959
West/front Facade, Angle View, Looking Southeast
South/side View Along 14th Street, Looking Northeast
HB1183960
South/side View Along 14th Street, Looking Northeast
East/rear Facade, Looking West
HB1183961
East/rear Facade, Looking West
Detail Of Cornice, Southwest/front Corner
HB1183962
Detail Of Cornice, Southwest/front Corner
Detail Of Cornice,
HB1183963
Detail Of Cornice, 'h
Detail Of Front Entry, West Facade
HB1183964
Detail Of Front Entry, West Facade
Detail Of Front-facade Window, North Side Of Entrance
HB1183965
Detail Of Front-facade Window, North Side Of Entrance
Detail Of Gaslight Flanking (north Side Of) Front Entry
HB1183966
Detail Of Gaslight Flanking (north Side Of) Front Entry


Data Pages


Photo Caption Pages


Item Title


Location
1403 North Court House Road, VA

Find maps of 1403 North Court House Road, VA


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS VA-1274
Building/structure dates: 1935 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1990 demolished
Significance: The Rucker Building is part of the Lawyers' Row complex located on the east side of N. Court House Road opposite the 1960 Arlington County Court House. The lawyer's (or courthouse) row represents a cultural and architectural heritage that is unique to Virginia. Beginning in the eighteenth century, small service buildings such as these, subservient to the larger courthouse, were erected to accommodate lawyers and clerks. The Rucker Building was listed on the county's Inventory of Historic Resources.

Subjects
Office Buildings


Related Names
Hamaker, Kenton
Rucker, George


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents
Photograph caption(s): 
1. WEST/FRONT FACADE, LOOKING EAST
2. WEST/FRONT FACADE, ANGLE VIEW, LOOKING SOUTHEAST
3. SOUTH/SIDE VIEW ALONG 14TH STREET, LOOKING NORTHEAST
4. EAST/REAR FACADE, LOOKING WEST
5. DETAIL OF CORNICE, SOUTHWEST/FRONT CORNER
6. DETAIL OF CORNICE, 'H. RUCKER' SIGNAGE
7. DETAIL OF FRONT ENTRY, WEST FACADE
8. DETAIL OF FRONT-FACADE WINDOW, NORTH SIDE OF ENTRANCE
9. DETAIL OF GASLIGHT FLANKING (NORTH SIDE OF) FRONT ENTRY


Back to 1403 North Court House Road, Virginia