Lincoln Highway, Wendover Cutoff, Great Salt Lake Desert, Knolls, Tooele County, UT
Great Salt Lake Desert, Knolls vicinity, UT
Find maps of Knolls, UT
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER UT-23
Building/structure dates: 1930 initial construction
Significance: Last major link in the first transcontinental highway. Solved problems presented by vast mud and salt flats.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. General view from east taken from right shoulder of Rt. 40.
2. General veiw from east taken from left shoulder of Rt. 40.
3. General veiw taken from West.
4. General view taken from flats showing parallell railroad track.
5. General view from east taken from original highway showing width of highway grade.
Back to Knolls vicinity, Utah