Benson Bridge, Spanning Cutler Reservoir, Benson, Cache County, UT
See 21 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
Spanning Cutler Reservoir, Benson, UT
Find maps of Benson, UT
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER UT-48
Building/structure dates: 1915 initial construction
Significance: The Benson Bridge is a steel through Pratt truss bridge. It is one of only 53 remaining truss bridges in Utah and one of only three remaining pin connected truss bridges left in Utah. It is also the oldest bridge still remaining in Cache County.
Steel Truss Bridges
Ross, L. R.
Maughan, W. B.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. DISTANT VIEW FROM WATER OF SOUTH SIDE OF BRIDGE
2. ANGLED VIEW OF BRIDGE, LOOKING NORTHEAST
3. SLIGHTLY ANGLED VIEW OF BRIDGE, LOOKING NORTH-NORTHWEST FROM WATER
4. END VIEW OF BRIDGE, LOOKING WEST
5. END VIEW OF BRIDGE, LOOKING EAST
6. OBLIQUE VIEW OF BRIDGE, LOOKING WEST-NORTHWEST
7. VIEW OF DECK AND RAILING, LOOKING WEST
8. VIEW OF SUPERSTRUCTURE OF BRIDGE, LOOKING WEST
9. VIEW OF UNDERSIDE OF BRIDGE, LOOKING EAST
10. VIEW OF PIN CONNECTED JOINT AREA IN UPPER SUPERSTRUCTURE
11. VIEW OF MAJOR HOLE IN WOODEN DECK NEAR WEST END, SHOWING STEEL SUPPORT GIRDERS BENEATH FLOORING
Back to Benson, Utah