Red River Army Depot, Texarkana, Bowie County, TX
Find maps of Texarkana, TX
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER TX-4
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-3).
Building/structure dates: 1941 initial construction
Significance: Established during World War II as an ammunition depot, the installation was soon expanded by the addition of a large warehousing area for general military supplies, a combat vehicle repair complex, and an Ordnance Department training center. By the late 1950's the depot also became a major guided missile assembly and maintenance center.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
Back to Texarkana, Texas