Municipal Building, Texas Boulevard at Third Street, Texarkana, Bowie County, TX
See 17 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
Texas Boulevard at Third Street, Texarkana, TX
Find maps of Texarkana, TX
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS TX-230
Building/structure dates: 1925 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1951 subsequent work
Significance: Since its completion in 1925, this structure has serves as the Municipal Office Building and has housed the Sixth District Court of Civil Appeals. In addition, it is the location of Federal Credit Union Charter Number One, the Morriss Sheppard Texarkana Federal Credit Union, which was chartered October 1, 1934, and is still active. The Austin, Texas architectural firm of Page and Page collaborated with the local firm of Witt, Seibert, and Halsey to design this Neo-Classical Revival structure.
Page & Page,C. H.
Witt,Seibert & Halsey
Sheppard, Sen. Morriss
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. West elevation
2. West elevation,dedication plaque
3. North elevation
4. Interior,entrance to mayor's and council offices
5. Interior,staircase,1st-2nd floors
6. Interior,staircase,2nd-3rd floors
Back to Texarkana, Texas