Barton Creek Bridge, Spanning Barton Creek, Huckabay, Erath County, TX
Photo Caption Pages
Spanning Barton Creek, Huckabay vicinity, TX
Find maps of Huckabay, TX
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER TX-87
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (N573).
Building/structure dates: 1890 initial construction
Significance: The Barton Creek Bridge is one of only two known examples of a Runyon patent cable-stayed suspension bridge. The bridge is one of a larger group of suspension bridges once seen throughout north central Texas.
Runyon Bridge Company
Long, C. B.
Olson, Megan C., Field Team
Brown, Mark M., Historian
Harms, Bruce A., Photographer
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. GENERAL VIEW OF BARTON CREEK BRIDGE, EAST APPROACH, LOOKING WEST.
2. GENERAL VIEW OF BARTON CREEK BRIDGE, EAST ABUTMENT, LOOKING EAST.
3. VIEW OF BARTON CREEK BRIDGE, NEEDLE BEAM ELEVATION, LOOKING EAST.
4. VIEW OF BARTON CREEK BRIDGE, NEEDLE BEAM DETAIL, LOOKING EAST.
5. DETAIL VIEW OF BARTON CREEK BRIDGE, LOWER TOWER CONNECTION, LOOKING WEST.
6. DETAIL VIEW OF BARTON CREEK BRIDGE, UPPER TOWER CONNECTION, LOOKING NORTHWEST.
7. DETAIL VIEW OF BARTON CREEK BRIDGE, OUTSIDE NEEDLE BEAM CONNECTION, LOOKING SOUTHWEST.
Back to Huckabay vicinity, Texas