Fort Bliss, 7th Cavalry Post Exchange, U.S. Army Air Defense Artillery Center & Fort Blis, El Paso, El Paso County, TX
Photo Caption Pages
U.S. Army Air Defense Artillery Center & Fort Blis, El Paso, TX
Find maps of El Paso, TX
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS TX-3339-F
Building/structure dates: 1920 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1951 subsequent work
Significance: This former post exchange was part of a large enlisted men's cantonment, most of which were demolished in 1934-1935. It is a rectangular building that was designed by War Department Construction Division architects during World War I.
Blauvelt, Maj. L. D.
Field, Capt. Harvey R.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. NORTH VIEW OF FRONT AND LEFT SIDE, BUILDING 458
2. NORTHWEST FRONT, BUILDING 458
3. SOUTH CORNER, RIGHT SIDE AND REAR, BUILDING 458
4. SOUTHEAST REAR, BUILDING 458
5. NORTHEAST LEFT SIDE, BUILDING 458
Back to El Paso, Texas