Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming


Home

>

Texas

>

Dallas

>

Fair Park, General Exhibits Building, Northeast of Parry & Second Avenues, Dallas, Dallas County, TX



Data Pages


Drawings


Item Title


Location
Northeast of Parry & Second Avenues, Dallas, TX

Find maps of Dallas, TX


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS TX-3336-B
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-203).
Building/structure dates: 1905 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1936 subsequent work
National Register Number: 86003488
Significance: The General Exhibits Building dates from 1905, when the original structure was designed by James Flanders in the Spanish Romanesque style. The building was enlarged and modernized for the 1936 Texas Centennial Exposition by the Centennial Corporation (architect George Dahl and staff). During the Exposition, the building contained exhibits associated with the transportation industry. The new adjoining Chrysler Building featured Chrysler automobiles. Presently known as the Centennial Building, the structure is used as exhibition space during the annual state fair of Texas...

Related Names
Flanders, James
Stevens, Laurence Tenney


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents


Back to Dallas, Texas