Sparkman Street Bridge, Spanning Cumberland River, Nashville, Davidson County, TN
See 16 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
Spanning Cumberland River, Nashville, TN
Find maps of Nashville, TN
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER TN-38
Significance: The bridge possesses state level engineering significance as an example of the through Parker and camelback truss types for its uncommon concrete trusses. The bridge possesses local significance as a historic river crossing connecting downtown Nashville with East Nashville.
Concrete Truss Bridges
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. February 1998 AERIAL VIEW OF SOUTH SIDE OF BRIDGE: RIVER SPANS AND APPROACHES. LOOKING NORTH.
2. February 1998 SOUTH SIDE OF BRIDGE FROM BOAT. LOOKING NORTH.
3. February 1998 SOUTH SIDE OF CENTER RIVER SPAN. LOOKING NORTH.
4. February 1998 SOUTH SIDE OF SOUTHWEST RIVER TRUSS. LOOKING NORTHWEST.
5. February 1998 SOUTH SIDE OF NORTHEAST RIVER TRUSS. LOOKING NORTHEAST.
6. February 1998 SOUTH SIDE OF EAST RIVER TRUSS.
7. February 1998 GIRDER OVER SECOND AVENUE, SOUTH. SOUTHWEST END OF SOUTH SIDE.
8. February 1998 BARREL VIEW, NORTHEAST END LOOKING TO SOUTHWEST.
9. February 1998 BARREL VIEW, SOUTHWEST END LOOKING TO NORTHEAST.
10. February 1998 GIRDER OVER SOUTH FIRST STREET. NORTHEAST END, SOUTH SIDE.
11. February 1998 GIRDER OVER THIRD AVENUE SOUTH. SOUTHWEST END, SOUTH SIDE.
12. February 1998 CONCRETE DECK GIRDER OVER SECOND AND THIRD AVENUES, SOUTH.
13. February 1998 RAILING DETAIL OF NORTH SIDES, SOUTHWEST END OF GIRDER ABUTTING SOUTHWEST RIVER SPAN.
14. February 1998 STAIRWAY DETAIL, SOUTH SIDE OF GIRDER AT THIRD AVENUE, SOUTH.
15. June 1998 DETAIL, TOP OF CHORD CONNECTION.
16. June 1998 DETAIL, BOTTOM OF CHORD CONNECTION.
17. February 1998 SHED BUILT UNDER FIRST CONCRETE VIADUCT AT END OF BRIDGE, NE END, S. SIDE.
18. February 1998 NORTH SIDE OF NORTHEAST RIVER SPAN, NASHVILLE BRIDGE COMPANY
19. February 1998 NORTH SIDE OF BRIDGE SHOWING ROADWAY, BIRDGE RAIL, NASHVILLE BRIDGE COMPANY
20. February 1998 DETAIL, NORTH SIDE OF CENTER RIVER TRUSS SPAN, NASHVILLE BRIDGE COMPANY
21. February 1998 SIDEWALK ON EAST BRIDGE APPROACH, TRUSS ON LEFT, NASHVILLE BRIDGE CO. ON RIGHT
22. February 1998 GIRDER SECTION OF NORTHEAST APPROACH
23. February 1998 VIEW OF UNDERSIDE OF GIRDER, NORTHEAST APPROACH
24. February 1998 VIEW OF UNDERSIDE OF GIRDER, NORTHEAST APPROACH
Back to Nashville, Tennessee