John McGee House, State Highway 25, Dixon Springs, Trousdale County, TN
See 12 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
State Highway 25 vicinity, Dixon Springs, TN
Find maps of Dixon Springs, TN
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS TN-230
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-54).
Significance: This house, built by Reverend John McGee, c. 1820, is an example of vernacular Federal architecture. Occupied until recently, the house has been altered by the enclosure of an entryway between the main house and the kitchen ell, the enclosure of the first floor fireplaces and the addition of storage space and modern plumbing. The house is located within the project area of the Hartsville Nuclear Plant.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. EXTERIOR, NORTH FRONT AND EAST SIDE
2. EXTERIOR, NORTH FRONT
3. EXTERIOR, NORTH FRONT AND WEST SIDE
4. EXTERIOR, SOUTH REAR, EAST SIDE AND KITCHEN ELL
5. EXTERIOR, SOUTH REAR, WEST SIDE AND KITCHEN ELL
6. EXTERIOR, DETAIL OF NORTH FRONT DOOR
7. INTERIOR, VIEW OF FRONT DOOR FACING NORTH
8. INTERIOR, VIEW OF STAIRCASE
Back to Dixon Springs, Tennessee