Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

South Carolina

>

Stateburg

>

Borough House, Hooper Tombs, State Route 261 & Garners Ferry Road, Stateburg, Sumter County, SC



See 13 maps of this location


B&W Photos

HB1046779
BWPhotos 151046


Data Pages


Item Title


Location
State Route 261 & Garners Ferry Road, Stateburg, SC

Find maps of Stateburg, SC


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS SC-365
National Register Number: 72001224
Significance: The Hooper Tombs contain the remains of Thomas Hooper and his wife, Mary Heron Hooper, who were the first occupants of the Borough House to begin to develop the house and its grounds. The tombs are located in the northwest corner of the present formal gardens whose outlines were first planned by Mrs. Hooper. The Borough House complex was listed in the National Register of Historic Places as part of the Stateburg Historic District in 1971 and as an individual site in 1972.

Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents


Back to Stateburg, South Carolina