Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

South Carolina

>

Stateburg

>

Borough House, Cook's House, State Route 261 & Garners Ferry Road, Stateburg, Sumter County, SC



See 13 maps of this location


B&W Photos

HB1055302
Three-quarter View Of Cook's House From Southwest

HB1055303
South Facade

HB1055304
East Facade (new Wing To Right)


Data Pages


Photo Caption Pages


Item Title


Location
State Route 261 & Garners Ferry Road, Stateburg, SC

Find maps of Stateburg, SC


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS SC-369
National Register Number: 72001227
Significance: The Cook's House is a dependency of the Borough House plantation complex. The original portion of the building wasuilt of rammed earth c. 1821, the structure is one of six dependencies (in addition to portions of the main house) to be built of this material. This complex is of potential national significance because of the number of early Greek Revival structures it contains which were built of this unusual material. The Borough House complex was listed in the National Register of Historic Places as part of the Stateburg Historic District in 1971 and as an individual site in 1972.

Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents
Photograph caption(s): 
1. THREE-QUARTER VIEW OF COOK'S HOUSE FROM SOUTHWEST
2. SOUTH FACADE
3. EAST FACADE (New wing to right)


Back to Stateburg, South Carolina