Warren Bridge, Spanning Palmer River at State Route 114, Warren, Bristol County, RI
See 31 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
Spanning Palmer River at State Route 114, Warren, RI
Find maps of Warren, RI
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER RI-40
Part of building/structure is in Barrington, Bristol County, RI.
Significance: The Warren Bridge is an early example of a reinforced concrete arch bridge. The bridge was designed by Daniel B. Luten's National Bridge Co. of Indianapolis, Indiana. It was determined eligible for listing in the National Register of Historic Places on January 10, 1989.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. View looking northeast toward bridge, causeway and Warren
2. View looking southwest toward bridge, extension wall and Tyler Point
3. General view looking northeast (elevation)
4. General view looking southeast (elevation)
5. Detail of roadway looking east from Barrington entrance
6. Detail of arch drum
7. Detail of northeast abutment, wingwall, and old masonry wall
8. Detail of pilaster and pier
9. Detail of granite ashlar in splash zone
10. Detail of parapet wall
11. Detail of bridge identification number
Back to Warren, Rhode Island