The Lazaretto, Delaware River, Essington, Delaware County, PA
Photo Caption Pages
Delaware River vicinity, Essington, PA
Find maps of Essington, PA
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS PA-125
Building/structure dates: 1799 initial construction
See also HABS No. PA-6659 for additional documentation.
Taylor, Frank H.
Sims, Joseph P., Photographer
Sims, Joseph P., Delineator
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. From an old photograph.
2. Drawing by Frank H. Taylor, 1895.
3. Front view showing administration building (trellis since demolished) (as of 1936). From photograph in Historical Society of Penna.
4. View from Delaware River. From photo in H. S. P.
5. Wing to left of administration building (porch later in detail). November 5, 1936. Photo by Joseph P. Sims.
6. End of wing to right of administration building. 1936. Sims.
7. Guard house on bank of Delaware River. 1936. Sims.
8. Stable in rear of surgeon's house. 1936. Sims.
9. Brickwork of subsidiary building.
Back to Essington, Pennsylvania