Wallowa Ranger Station, Office, 602 First Street, Wallowa, Wallowa County, OR
See 22 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
602 First Street, Wallowa, OR
Find maps of Wallowa, OR
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS OR-157-A
Significance: The office is significant individually for the fine craftsmanship on the interior and exterior. Exceptional features include: stone porch, knotty pine paneling on the interior, decorative crown molding, and finely crafted counter and arch. The office displays exterior details which match the other four stations buildings: wide horizontal siding, board and batten with zig-zag cut end, cut-out tree symbols and squared timber-posts.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW OF NORTH ELEVATION OF OFFICE FROM FIRST STREET, FACING SOUTH.
2. VIEW OF OFFICE, WEST ELEVATION, FACING EAST
3. VIEW OF OFFICE, SOUTH ELEVATION, FACING NORTHEAST.
4. VIEW OF OFFICE, EAST ELEVATION, FACING WEST
5. VIEW OF OFFICE, DETAIL OF NORTH ELEVATION WINDOW, FACING SOUTH.
6. VIEW OF OFFICE, INTERIOR OF WEST ELEVATION, FACING SOUTHEAST.
7. ARCHITECTURAL ELEVATIONS AND FLOOR PLANS OF OFFICE, SHEET 1 OF 1, 8' X 10' NEGATIVE MADE FROM COPIES OF ORIGINAL PLANS, MAY 21, 1913; WALLOWA-WHITMAN NATIONAL FOREST SUPERVISOR'S OFFICE, BAKER CITY, OREGON
Back to Wallowa, Oregon