Wallowa Ranger Station, Gas House, 602 First Street, Wallowa, Wallowa County, OR
See 22 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
602 First Street, Wallowa, OR
Find maps of Wallowa, OR
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS OR-157-E
Significance: This gas house is in excellent condition and serves as an integral part of the overall ranger station design scheme. Located across from the four-car garage, the gas house served as a convenient source of fuel for the station vehicles. The gas house displays exterior details which match the other four station buildings: wide horizontal siding, board and batten with zig-zag cut ends, and cut-out tree symbols.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW OF SOUTH ELEVATION OF GAS HOUSE, FACING NORTH
2. VIEW OF GAS HOUSE, EAST ELEVATION, FACING WEST
3. VIEW OF GAS HOUSE, NORTH ELEVATION, FACING SOUTH
4. VIEW OF GAS HOUSE, WEST ELEVATION, FACING EAST
5. ARCHITECTURAL ELEVATIONS AND FLOOR PLAN OF GAS HOUSE, SHEET 1 OF 1, 8' X 10' NEGATIVE AND PRINT MADE FROM COPIES OF ORIGINAL PLANS, MAY 18, 1936, WALLOWA-WHITMAN NATIONAL FOREST SUPERVISOR'S, OFFICE, BAKER CITY, OREGON.
Back to Wallowa, Oregon