Wallowa Ranger Station, Garage, 602 First Street, Wallowa, Wallowa County, OR
See 22 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
602 First Street, Wallowa, OR
Find maps of Wallowa, OR
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS OR-157-D
Significance: This garage is in excellent condition and serves as an integral part of the overall design scheme. Located between the office and fire equipment building, the garage housed the station vehicles. The garage displays exterior details which match the other four station buildings: wide horizontal siding, board and batten with zig-zag cut ends, and cut-out tree symbols.
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. VIEW OF WEST ELEVATION OF GARAGE, FACING NORTHEAST.
2. VIEW OF GARAGE, SOUTH ELEVATION, FACING NORTHWEST.
3. VIEW OF GARAGE, EAST ELEVATION, FACING NORTHWEST.
4. VIEW OF GARAGE, NORTH ELEVATION, FACING SOUTHEAST.
5. ARCHITECTURAL ELEVATIONS AND FLOOR PLANS OF GARAGE, SHEET 1 OF 1, 8' X 10' NEGATIVE AND PRINT MADE FROM COPIES OF ORIGINAL PLANS, MAY 15, 1936, WALLOWA-WHITMAN NATIONAL FOREST SUPERVISOR'S, OFFICE, BAKER CITY, OREGON.
Back to Wallowa, Oregon