Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

Oregon

>

Waldport vicinity

>

Camp Angell Barracks, Angell Job Corps Center, Highway 101, Waldport, Lincoln County, OR



See 20 maps of this location


B&W Photos

HB993880
View Of Front, East Elevation

HB993881
Southeast View, South Porch

HB993882
View Of North Elevation

HB993883
View Of South Elevation

HB993884
View Of West Elevation

HB993885
View Of Southwest Corner Of Interior

HB993886
View Of Interior Showing Windows


Data Pages


Photo Caption Pages


Item Title


Location
Highway 101, Waldport vicinity, OR

Find maps of Waldport, OR


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS OR-141
Significance: Camp Angell was slated as the new headquarters for Company 5436 of the Civilian Conservation Corps and was constructed, including building No. 1381, in 1941. With the start of WW II the CCC closed the camp. In 1942 the camp was opened by the National Board for Religious Objectors and the Selective Service System as the home of Public Service Camp No. 56. Enrollees worked at a wide range of conservation projects while being active in the national peace movement. With the end of WW II, the camp was closed. The buildings were later used by the Forest Service as offices and from 1965 to present the Angell Job corps Center has occupied the site. This building is the sole surviving structure of both the Angell CCC Camp and Public Service Camp No. 56. Building No. 1381 is a barracks which measures 81' long by 20'6" wide. The structure is one story, wood frame construction with a gabled roof and three entries. The building remains essentially intact and is in good condition.

Subjects
Barracks


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents
Photograph caption(s): 
1. VIEW OF FRONT, EAST ELEVATION
2. SOUTHEAST VIEW, SOUTH PORCH
3. VIEW OF NORTH ELEVATION
4. VIEW OF SOUTH ELEVATION
5. VIEW OF WEST ELEVATION
6. VIEW OF SOUTHWEST CORNER OF INTERIOR
7. VIEW OF INTERIOR SHOWING WINDOWS


Back to Waldport vicinity, Oregon