Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

Oregon

>

Prineville vicinity

>

Ochoco Ranger Station, Vehicular Storage Structure, Prineville, Crook County, OR



B&W Photos

HB997708
Front Of Vehicle Shed In Compound Setting, Facing Northeast

HB997709
Front And North, Looking South

HB997710
Front, Looking East

HB997711
South Wall, Looking Northeast

HB997712
North Wall, Looking Southwest

HB997713
View Of Backside, Looking West

HB997714
Interior View, Se Corner, Looking Southeast

HB997715
Interior Door, Looking East


Data Pages


Photo Caption Pages


Item Title


Location
Vehicular Storage Structure, Prineville vicinity, OR

Find maps of Prineville, OR


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS OR-126-B
Significance: Building #2300 is being managed under the aegis of the PMOA for Depression-Era Structures (1982). Building #2300 was identified for inclusion in the second increment of the Theme Group National Register of Historic Properties (1985). Building #2300 is a tertiary structure in a Significant Building Group. The historic compound represents the architectural styles characteristic of the Civilian Conservation Corps. Building #2300 was an existing structure when the Civilian Conservation Corps built additional structures on the Ochoco Ranger Station Compound. The building was constructed as a rectangular storage building with sliding doors on the west side. Building #2300 received exterior treatment during the 1930's and 40's by the Civilian Conservation Corps. The vertical board and batten siding has been replaced by clapboard. The sliding doors have also been removed. The original shake roof has been replaced with metal roofing. Building #2300 has been used for vehicle parking and storage facility on a U.S. Forest Service Compound since its construction in the 1920's or early 1930's.

Subjects
Garages


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents
Photograph caption(s): 
1. FRONT OF VEHICLE SHED IN COMPOUND SETTING, Facing Northeast
2. FRONT AND NORTH, Looking South
3. FRONT, Looking East
4. SOUTH WALL, Looking Northeast
5. NORTH WALL, Looking Southwest
6. VIEW OF BACKSIDE, Looking West
7. INTERIOR VIEW, SE CORNER, Looking Southeast
8. INTERIOR DOOR, Looking East


Back to Prineville vicinity, Oregon