Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

Oregon

>

Jacksonville

>

Neuber's Jewelry Store, 130 West California Street, Jacksonville, Jackson County, OR



B&W Photos

HB990012
Historic American Buildings Survey, Jack E


Data Pages


Item Title


Location
130 West California Street, Jacksonville, OR

Find maps of Jacksonville, OR


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS OR-108
Building/structure dates: 1863 initial construction
Significance: In 1858, the lot where Neuber's Jewelry Store now stands was owned by Lewis and Almira Thompson. The Thompsons owned this lot and the adjoining lots at various times, and they were responsible for subdividing them so that three stores now occupy the frontage normally divided into two store lots. The facades on this corner are therefore narrower than the twenty-five-foot store fronts commonly found in Jacksonville.

Related Names
Neuber, John


Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents
Photograph caption(s): 
1. Historic American Buildings Survey, Jack E. Boucher, Photographer August, 1971 STREETSCAPE SHOWING SOUTH (FRONT) ELEVATIONS OF LOVE AND BILGER TIN SHOP (FAR LEFT), SACHS BROTHERS STORE, NEUBER'S JEWELRY STORE, KAHLER'S DRUG STORE, BEEKMAN BANK, UNITED STATES HOTEL.


Back to Jacksonville, Oregon