Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

Oregon

>

Jacksonville

>

Kahler's Drugstore, 120 West California Street, Jacksonville, Jackson County, OR



See 20 maps of this location


Data Pages


Supplemental Material


Item Title


Location
120 West California Street, Jacksonville, OR

Find maps of Jacksonville, OR


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS OR-88
Building/structure dates: 1860 initial construction
Significance: In late 1856, the lot where the drugstore now stands was owned by John Herbold, who operated a barbershop on the corner of California and Third Streets. During 1857, David Linn and Matthias Gresser both held mechanics' liens on the barbershop for repairs, and Herbold had to mortgage the lot to Anton Bruns. In 1859, after obtaining a clear title from James Cluggage, Herbold sold the shop to Herman Bloom, who then sold a half interest to John Neuber. In 1860, Neuber also acquired Blooms' interest in the shop. In 1862, Neuber sold the corner property to L.S. Thompson -- at the same time, acquiring the western portion of the adjacent property from Thompson.

Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents


Back to Jacksonville, Oregon