Victor Block, 202 West Harrison Avenue, Guthrie, Logan County, OK
Photo Caption Pages
202 West Harrison Avenue, Guthrie, OK
Find maps of Guthrie, OK
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS OK-13
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-12, FN-13).
Building/structure dates: 1893 initial construction
Significance: The Victor was among the most handsome and celebrated business blocks of early Guthrie, as well as the largest. Erected for one of the most successful developers of the commercial district, the building is an excellent example of the type of structure built in territorial Guthrie as a speculative venture.
Smith, Winfield S.
Lillie, F. B.
Gryb, Barry, Field Team
Takenaka, Howard, Field Team
Barrett, William E., Photographer
Hnedak, John D., Historian
Robbins, John, Delineator
Smith, Julian, Delineator
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. BLOCK TAKEN FROM SOUTHEAST
2. CLOSE-UP FROM SOUTHEAST
3. EAST FACADE
4. EAST FACADE, CLOSER
5. DETAIL: SOUTHEAST CORNER FROM SOUTH
6. DETAIL: CORNICE AT SOUTHEAST CORNER
7. DETAIL: I.O.O.F. BUILDING SHOWING THIRD FLOOR WINDOW, CORNICE LINE AND 'I.O.O.F.' SIGN
8. DETAIL: SOUTH FACADE SHOWING THIRD FLOOR WINDOW AND CORNICE
9. FIRST FLOOR INTERIOR OF I.O.O.F. BUILDING
10. I.O.O.F. BUILDING INTERIOR: SECOND FLOOR STAIR HALL, FRONT
11. I.O.O.F. BUILDING INTERIOR: SECOND FLOOR STAIR HALL, REAR
12. INTERIOR OF THIRD FLOOR BALLROOM, SOUTHEAST CORNER OF BUILDING
Back to Guthrie, Oklahoma