Trinity Episcopal Church, 310 East Noble Avenue, Guthrie, Logan County, OK
Photo Caption Pages
310 East Noble Avenue, Guthrie, OK
Find maps of Guthrie, OK
Documentation compiled after 1933.
Survey number HABS OK-11
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (FN-8, FN-9, FN-10).
Building/structure dates: 1890 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1892 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1900 subsequent work
Building/structure dates: 1910 subsequent work
For additional information, see HABS No. OK-10, Town of Guthrie.
Significance: This 1890 frame Church building is a prototype of early Episcopal churches in the southwest, a strict adherent to the formula for pioneer churches of the day. It is important to Guthrie in being one of its earliest, and the only remaining, of the Territorial churches, and to the Episcopal Church of Oklahoma for being the first building erected for the permanent use of a congregation in the State.
Moving Of Structures
Lillie, F. B.
Tyler, Rev. Charles W.
Barnes, Cassius M.
Gryb, Barry, Field Team
Smith, Julian, Field Team
Barrett, William E., Photographer
Hnedak, John D., Historian
Robbins, John, Delineator
Takenaka, Howard M., Delineator
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
1. SOUTH AND WEST FACADES OF BRICK CHURCH
2. SOUTH AND EAST FACADES OF BRICK CHURCH WITH SOUTH PORTION OF OLD FRAME CHURCH
3. OLD FRAME CHURCH FROM NORTHEAST
4. INTERIOR OF BRICK CHURCH
5. INTERIOR OF OLD FRAME CHURCH
6. ATTIC OF OLD FRAME CHURCH SHOWING ROOF TRUSSES
7. ALTAR END OF ATTIC IN OLD FRAME CHURCH
8. INTERIOR OF OLD FRAME CHURCH SHOWING GARMENT LOCKERS AND DOORWAY INTO BRICK CHURCH
Back to Guthrie, Oklahoma