Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

Ohio

>

Toledo

>

Swiss Hall, 410-412 Monroe Street, Toledo, Lucas County, OH



See 29 maps of this location


B&W Photos


Data Pages


Photo Caption Pages


Item Title


Location
410-412 Monroe Street, Toledo, OH

Find maps of Toledo, OH


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1933.

Notes
Survey number HABS OH-2259
Significance: The Swiss Hall is significant as one of few remaining examples of the work of Toledo architect Louis G. Welker (1859-1942). The building is locally important as it represents a transitional phase of commercial architecture, exhibiting elements of both the Queen Anne and Romanesque Revival styles. The facade is relatively intact, looking much as it did in the 1890s. The structure is also significant as the home of Toledo Swiss Society for nearly 20 years and as part of the Wasserstrom Co. for 40 years.

Collection
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Contents
Photograph caption(s): 
1. FRONT ELEVATION, VIEW EAST
2. INTERIOR DETAILS
3. INTERIOR, CEILING DETAIL, CROWN MOULDING
4. INTERIOR, CEILING DETAIL, CROWN MOULDING
5. INTERIOR, CEILING DETAIL, LIGHT FIXTURE
6. INTERIOR, CEILING DETAIL
7. INTERIOR, SKYLIGHT


Back to Toledo, Ohio