Germantown Covered Bridge, Center Street spanning Little Twin Creek, Germantown, Montgomery County, OH
Photo Caption Pages
Center Street spanning Little Twin Creek, Germantown, OH
Find maps of Germantown, OH
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER OH-87
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (N37).
Building/structure dates: 1865 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1911
Significance: The bridge is a composite wood and iron rigid suspension truss. It is an early work of David H. Morrison, founder of the Columbia Bridge Works of Dayton, Ohio, and one of the most important bridge engineers and manufacturers in 19th century Ohio. The bridge was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.
Morrison, David H.
Columbia Bridge Works
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
Back to Germantown, Ohio