Historic Photographs

Home

Search

Subject Browse
Browse by Subject >>

State/City Browse
Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Maryland
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Nevada
New York
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin
West Virginia
Wyoming

Home

>

Ohio

>

Dayton vicinity

>

Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Area B, Building 71, Power Plant Engine Test Torque Stands, Seventh Street between D & G Streets, Dayton, Greene County, OH



B&W Photos

HB975548
BWPhotos 352690

HB975549
BWPhotos 352691

HB975550
BWPhotos 352692

HB975551
BWPhotos 352693

HB975552
BWPhotos 352694

HB975553
BWPhotos 352695


Data Pages


Photo Caption Pages


Item Title


Location
Seventh Street between D & G Streets, Dayton vicinity, OH

Find maps of Dayton, OH


Created/Published
Documentation compiled after 1968.

Notes
Survey number HAER OH-79-AX
Unprocessed field note material exists for this structure (N108).
Building/structure dates: 1932 initial construction
Significance: Building 71 is part of the Power Plant Laboratory Complex, the site of essential aircraft engine research and development, particularly during the 1930s and '40s. It was the location of Wright Field's first permanent engine test cells. Other structures in the complex were built due to the increased research demands of World War II.

Subjects
Power Plants
Testing Laboratories


Collection
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)

Contents


Back to Dayton vicinity, Ohio