Winton Motor Carriage Company, Berea Road & Madison Avenue, Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, OH
See 29 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
Berea Road & Madison Avenue, Cleveland, OH
Find maps of Cleveland, OH
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER OH-11-A
Building/structure dates: 1898 initial construction
Significance: Early auto maker; the nation's largest in 1899. Culmination of manufacturing methods and plant designs. Developed during Cleveland auto industry's first stage.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. Copy of early 20th Century lithograph looking north showing aerial view of company. Rendering owned by the Crawford Auto- aviation Museum, 10825 East Blvd, Cleveland, Ohio.
2. Copy of early 20th Century photograph showing interior of Assembly Bldg. Photograph owned by the Crawford Auto-Aviation Museum 10825 East Blvd., Cleveland, Ohio.
3. Copy of early 20th century photograph of Assembly Bldg., interior. Photograph owned by: The Crawford Auto-Aviation Museum, 10825 East Blvd., Cleveland, Ohio.
4. Assembly Buildings, looking west
5. Assembly Building, interior
6. Machine Shop, storage building
7. Shipping Building, machine shop (right)
8. Looking north
9. Repair Building, looking west
10. Looking west
11. Foundry, looking south
Back to Cleveland, Ohio