Peerless Motor Car Company, East Ninety-third Street & Quincy Avenue, Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, OH
See 26 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
East Ninety-third Street & Quincy Avenue, Cleveland, OH
Find maps of Cleveland, OH
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER OH-11-D
Building/structure dates: 1910 initial construction
Building/structure dates: 1933 subsequent work
Significance: Factory foreshadowed the best in modern architectural trends; manufacturing methods outdated. Illustrates the large role that industrial buildings and processes played in the decline of the Cleveland auto industry.
Dyer, J. Milton
Schultz, J. C.
McClymonds, L. K.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. Photocopy of early 20th century rendering showing aerial veiw, looking south. Rendering owned by the Crawford Auto-Aviation Museum, 10825 East Blvd., Cleveland, Ohio.
2. Photocopy of early 20th century drawing, looking south from the air. Drawing owned by the Crawford Auto-Aviation Museum, 10825 East Blvd., Cleveland, Ohio.
3. Office Building facade, looking west
4. Office Building, detail
5. Original Power Plant, looking northeast
6. Plant #2, Storage and Shipping Building, Assembly Building (left rear), looking southwest
7. Plant #2, Brass Foundry, looking north
8. Plant #2, Brass Foundry and Assembly Building, looking east
Back to Cleveland, Ohio