Ford Motor Company, Cleveland Branch Assembly Plant, Euclid Avenue & East 116th Street, Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, OH
See 30 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
Euclid Avenue & East 116th Street, Cleveland, OH
Find maps of Cleveland, OH
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER OH-11-E
Building/structure dates: 1905 initial construction
Significance: Influenced Cleveland's factory design by being one of the first multi-story reinforced concrete auto plants in the city. The first Detroit-owned automobile plant in Cleveland and the last auto assembly plant in the city to close during the Depression.
Graham, John H.
Albert Kahn & Associates
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. Photocpy of early 20th century photograph, looking east, of east facade of assembly building on Euclid Ave. Photo owned by the Cleveland Public Library.
2. Photocopy of early 20th century photo, showing the Euclid Avenue facade of the branch assembly building. Photograph owned by the Cleveland Public Library.
3. Assembly Plant, craneway and facade, looking southwest
4. Side elevation, looking east
5. Craneway and Railroad Trestle, looking north
6. Interior, flat slab construction
Back to Cleveland, Ohio