Fisher Body Ohio Company, East 140th Street & Coit Road, Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, OH
Photo Caption Pages
East 140th Street & Coit Road, Cleveland, OH
Find maps of Cleveland, OH
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER OH-11-H
Building/structure dates: 1919 initial construction
Significance: First "big body plant" to operate in Cleveland, and the largest amount of permanent floor space ever built under one contract at one time. The plant bridges two eras in the Cleveland auto industry.
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. Copy of mid-20th century photograph. aerial view looking east. photograph owned by Cleveland Public Library.
2. Copy of 1916 drawing showing plot plan. Plan owned by Fisher Body division, G.M.
3. Copy of mid-20th century photograph showing interior of press building. Photograph owned by The Plain Dealer, 1801 Superior Avenue, Cleveland.
4. Assembly Building and Offices (right), looking north
5. Detail, Assembly Building
6. Stock Building, looking southwest
7. Press Building, interior
8. Metal Storage Building, interior
9. Assembly Building, interior
Back to Cleveland, Ohio