F. B. Stearns Company, Euclid & Lakeview Avenues, Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, OH
See 31 maps of this location
Photo Caption Pages
Euclid & Lakeview Avenues, Cleveland, OH
Find maps of Cleveland, OH
Documentation compiled after 1968.
Survey number HAER OH-11-F
Building/structure dates: 1898 initial construction
Significance: Prominence gained through its progressive ideas, apparent in plant, whose additions summarize the changes in manufacturing methods and factory design that occurred over the 34 year history of the Cleveland auto industry. Building remains a virtual museum of early auto factory design.
Stearns, Frank Ballou
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
1. Copy of early 20th century photograph showing Euclid Avenue facade, looking west. Cleveland Public Library.
2. Copy of early 20th century photograph showing Euclid Avenue facade, looking norh. Photograph owned by H.D. Koblitz.
3. Offices and Assembly Building, looking south
4. Monitor roof detail, Assembly Building
5. Storage and Machine Shop, Assembly Building (right), looking southeast
6. Machine Shop, detail
7. Machine Shop, interior - timber framing, iron saddles
8. Assembly Building (left); Offices (right)
9. Assembly Building, detail - (original windows bricked in)
10. Heating duct in mushroom column
Back to Cleveland, Ohio